Patek Philippe Tips
Here are some great, actionable tips about Patek Philippe timepieces.
- Never wind your timepiece when it is on your wrist. It can bend the crown.
- Never set the other functions on your watch between 10 am/pm and 2 am/pm – this can ruin the gears. The best rule to follow is to set the hands to 6:30 pm, set the other features then lastly, set the time.
- Always make sure your winding stem is screwed down or closed completely. This will prevent water and dust from getting in.
- The majority of chronographs are not meant to run 24 hours, this causes extensive wear and tear to the parts because it’s designed for timing events – not continuous use.
- Be sure to have your timepiece serviced every couple years – it will perform much better if it has regular maintenance.
- In using correct watch terminology – refer to the “dial” not the “face” and use the words “strap” or “bracelet” not “band.”
View our collection of Patek Philippe watches
Published June 2009