Proper care must be exercised to keep your jewelry in its finest condition for years after you leave the showroom. Regular cleaning and vigilant storage practices contribute largely to preserving the condition of your pieces and ensuring your investment continues to enhance your life on every occasion.
To achieve proper care, cleaning and storage practices, we recommend you:
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to newly applied cosmetic chemicals, as this may affect color and condition. We recommend letting these cosmetic items dry prior to putting on your jewelry.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to water or to high temperatures. Prolonged sun exposure can be especially damaging to your jewelry.
- Do not wear your jewelry when performing physical activities, as this may cause the piece to strike other objects or to fall off and be damaged.
- Clean your jewelry delicately with a soft, dry cloth.
- Store your jewelry in a soft case to prevent unwanted contact or scratching.
- The hardness of diamonds makes them a particular threat to scratch other materials. It is for this reason we recommend storing diamonds separately, away from your other jewelry.
- Diamonds can attract lotions and other substances that dull their sparkle. Use a soft brush and some neutral-pH liquid soap to clean your diamonds, rinsing with warm water and drying with a soft dry cloth.